½ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ cup sugar
1/3 cup soft butter
¾ cup milk
2-21/4 cups flour
1 (16 oz.) can pineapple juice
1/3-1/2 cup melted margarine
1-11/4 cup sugar
- Mix salt, baking powder and sugar.
- Add butter, milk and enough flour to make dough stiff enough to roll out.
- Roll dough into rectangular shape.
- Mix together melted margarine and sugar. Cool and spread this mixture on dough.
- Roll dough up like a jelly roll.
- Slice 1-inch thick and put in buttered dish. Cover with pineapple juice.
- Cook about 30-40 minutes. Adding juice as needed to keep moist.
- Bake at 350 degrees.